Welcome to Uneaten Matters!
We’re a social movement dedicated to getting young peeps (18-24 yr olds hollaaa) to minimise their food wastage habits.
We know the struggle is real so we’ll be covering tons of practical ways you can make a positive impact in your homes in reducing food waste!
Before we give you practical advice on food wastage, we thought it would be good to start off with some facts.
- Food is the largest component of household waste 
- Roughly 1/3 of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year gets lost or wasted 
- 60.3% of household waste in a week comes from fresh food and leftovers 
- When we toss food in the bin we’re not only wasting the food but the resources it takes to make it 
- Australians throw out 1/5 shopping bags worth of groceries every year 
- Each NSW household throws away more than $1000 of edible food each year 
TL;DR kinda person? We’ve got your back. Check out our infographic!
We hope this page alongside our social media will be your dedicated sauce (beware of the never-ending food puns) of all things foodwaste, leftovers and uneatenmatters.
Participate in our movement using the hashtag #uneatenmatters so we can follow you on the journey too!
Hope to see you here again soon,
Angela and Clarissa